14 Yr Old Dies 1 Week After Touching Downed Powerline
DETROIT – It is being reported this morning that Malik Shelton, the 14 year old boy who touched a downed power line last week, passed away on Saturday, November 23rd, 2013.
During last weeks wind storm, Malik and his friends were walking home after school was canceled due to a power outage. That’s when he reached up to move the downed line out of the way for he and his friends and was electrocuted. His friends and principal worked to revive him at the scene before being transported to the hospital. He had remained in critical condition until his death on Saturday.