Rash of B&E’s being reported in Oakland County
OAKLAND COUNTY, MI – The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office Detectives from Orion and Oxford Township are investigating multiple breaking and enterings which have occurred along the M-24 (Lapeer Road) corridor since the beginning of March.
The following locations and incidents have been report during the last two months.
- Tuesday, March 7th – Ming’s Oriental Café (1206 S. Lapeer) – This location was broken into through a rear door with a prying tool. Cash was taken from the business.
- Wednesday, March 8th – Jacobsen’s Flowers (545 S. Lapeer) – This location was broken into through a rear door with a prying tool. Cash was taken from the business.
- Wednesday, April 5th – Pennzoil Oil Change (1285 S. Lapeer) – This location was entered through a rear window on a roll-up garage door which was smashed out. At this time, nothing of value has been believed to be taken.
- Thursday, April 6th – PX2 Oil Change (709 S. Lapeer) – This location was entered through a rear door with a prying tool. Cash and a 32 inch flat screen TV monitor were taken from the location.
- Tuesday, April 18th – Jacobsen’s Flowers (545 S. Lapeer) – This location was entered for the second time through a door located on the side of the building. A second internal door was also pried open and cash was taken from the location.
From surveillance videos recovered from the PX2 Oil Change location, it is believed these breaking and enterings may have been committed by the same individual. This individual is described as a white male, 20-30 years of age, medium build, with short hair. The suspect entered this location wearing a plaid flannel shirt over a hooded shirt. Before leaving, the suspect took a winter coat and hat from inside the business to further conceal his identity.
The Sheriff’s Office asks for the public’s assistance in identifying this suspect in the attached photos. If you have information regarding this individual, contact Crime Stoppers at (800) SPEAK-UP. A $1,000 reward is available for information leading to an arrest.