Possible Human Traffickers at Meijer Grand Rapids

Share This Information With Others

human-trafficking***AN UPDATE TO THIS STORY*** The Grand Rapids Police Department has looked into this posting from Linda Holland and found it to be false.  The problem is real and does exist in Michigan but just not in the case.

After reading a post on Facebook we felt it necessary to bring this potential problem to light for others.

Linda Holland posted on her Facebook page and it was shared out with others:

Just an FYI. Human traffickers are now in Grand Rapids, MI. A friend of mine was being stalked at the Meijer on 28th st. & Kalamazoo Ave. If she hadn’t kept an eye on her surroundings, she would’ve vanished.

A lady bumped into her 2 or 3 times on purpose, while she was shopping. Then a guy was walking very close behind her on her way out of the store. She got a bad vibe & didn’t leave the store right away. She made sure the guy left before she did. She went to her car & started to dash home. Then, she realized she needed to report the incident. So, she turned around & went back to Meijer to report the incident.

She was told, they knew about it, but they can’t do anything about it. It’s a public place. She was also told, there’s a team of people working together. Usually, 2 or 3 people in the store picking out targets to kidnap. And 3 or 4 people in the parking lot waiting to put you quickly into a vehicle & drive off. The guy following behind her on her way out of the store, was so close 2 her that he could’ve injected her with something & walked her right out of the store with no one noticing a thing!

If this is happening at Meijer, it’s most likely happening at other stores, malls & public places. LADIES, PLEASE BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS. AND LET’S KEEP A CLOSER EYE ON OUR CHILDREN! WHO KNOWS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN!!!!!! Maybe this is what’s happening to the people who have gone missing in west Michigan. I wholeheartedly hope the ladies of west Michigan and other areas, take a self-defense class & warn your children about predators. Please be safe and pass this information on to family, friends & loved ones.

If Mejier did in fact make the statement that they are aware and could not do anything about this potential problem, major precautions need to be heeded as we head into the holiday shopping season.  Meijer management should have notified police and then made sure that the FBI was also brought in to take details.

Related Articles

22 Comments on "Possible Human Traffickers at Meijer Grand Rapids"

1. Brian L. Thompson | March 16, 2014 at 7:02 pm |

2. Brian L. Thompson | March 16, 2014 at 7:02 pm |

3. Brian L. Thompson | March 16, 2014 at 7:02 pm |

4. Brian L. Thompson | March 16, 2014 at 6:57 pm |

Sue Timpe Many Believe Backpage.com is Online Portal for Human Trafficking http://t.co/cNUGTMyIEJ

5. story states in this instance the claim was found to be false by GR Police. However does say human traffickers do exist in Michigan. Hope this helps.

6. FYI for Peggy….

7. Baker-Halterman Linda | October 29, 2013 at 1:45 am |

This may not have happened but we need to be very careful of our children!!

8. Brian L. Thompson | October 28, 2013 at 7:20 pm |

Rod Zamarron Your trying to imply or read to much into my original post. Your also telling me and others that you know exactly what they think and feel at the time when they post comments to something like this. That's really obnoxious because you have no clue who I am, how I think or how I process information. Everyone is different. Something you obviously do not see or understand. I refuse to argue a point that your trying to twist. Go find another person to have a spat with because its not going to be me. People like you are a dime a dozen when it comes to comments on various sites. They will do or say anything to make sure that they make themselves feel better because their thinking is always superior to anyone else's. Not workin with me dude. I know what I posted. I know the reasoning behind it and I am not a foolish person by any means. Moving on. And for good measure ~ I am very sure you will post a reply to this because the likes of you always does. Its a must in your DNA. You cant help it. ~ My final reply to any of this.

9. Alison Campbell | October 28, 2013 at 1:16 pm |

Who knows, the police could be saying its false just cuz thats what people want to hear. I hope the whole Meijer incident is not true, but you never know. Human trafficking is real, so why couldnt this be?? Just be aware of your surroundings & try not to go shopping alone, if you can!

10. Rod Zamarron | October 27, 2013 at 4:20 pm |

Brian L. Thompson But your critical thinking skills didn't kick in once you saw the obvious holes in the hoax?

Here let me try this: I had wild sex with Scarlett Johanson and Elizabeth Banks last night. Now, ask the same silly questions you did on this hoax: How can you say for sure that this is bogus? Were you there? Do you know the person that this happened to? Do you know the person who made the original post on Facebook about this information? Please enlighten us. Or are you just being a cynical person?

*Now* do you see how foolish you made yourself look?

11. Brian L. Thompson | October 26, 2013 at 3:33 am |

Kevin Franks At the time that I posted my comment to this, the GRPD had not issued any statements. I did not say that I would believe anything. I posted the questions as they are because there was no further information at that time. I have kept a close eye on the subject since it started. There is nothing wrong in asking a person for further information if they have it. But just posting that something is bogus and not backing up why, then I question why.

12. Brian L. Thompson | October 26, 2013 at 3:32 am |

Rod Zamarron At the time that I posted my comment to this, the GRPD had not issued any statements. I did not say that I would believe anything. I posted the questions as they are because there was no further information at that time. So obviously if I am questioning something, then I am not so certain of its validity.

13. Kevin Franks | October 25, 2013 at 4:57 pm |

Brian L. Thompson. He can say it's bogus because the Grand Rapids police Dept. said it was. Our law enforcement have enough to deal with without false claims posted on Facebook that they have to take valuable time away from other resources to address them.

14. Brian L. Thompson So what you're saying is, you will believe anything, no matter how outlandish, demonstrably false and thoroughly debunked? You do realize that expecting a negative to be proven is fallacious, right?

15. Rod Zamarron | October 24, 2013 at 2:41 pm |

Right on. I think the only thing about this story that is factually correct is that there is, in fact, a Meijer on 28th St. and Kalamazoo.

16. debunked by police and local news…at least this story…everyone should still be aware of your surroundings

17. Sally Racalla | October 24, 2013 at 12:54 pm |

Probably not a good way to look at it…

18. human traffickin happens everyday! it is real! super bowl is the number one place for human trafficking if it can happen there why not meijers?http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/03/super-bowl-sex-trafficking_n_2607871.html

19. Brian L. Thompson | October 23, 2013 at 3:56 am |

20. Daniel Postellon | October 23, 2013 at 2:14 am |

This is bogus.

21. The thing I question is if Meijer actually knew this is going on, I think they would contact authorities, but an actual crime would have to take place. Meijer has an amazing video surveillance that has caught several criminals recently when they released the video to the public.

22. Kaylin Porter Davis | October 23, 2013 at 12:33 am |

If this is real it's very, very scary and needs to be passed on to people.

Comments are closed.