3 Charged with Beating 11 yr Old Flint Boy

FLINT, MI – Charges have been issued against the 3 adults who slapped and

Demitria Powell

Demitria Powell

whipped an 11 yr old boy, video taped it and posted it to Facebook.

The three charged are Demitria Powell, the 11-year-old boy’s mother, along with Uteas Taylor, 42, and Stefon Felton, 39, each face three felony child abuse counts in the case.

The boys mother, the boy’s godmother and the mother’s boyfriend each face one count each of conspiracy to commit third-degree child abuse, third-degree child abuse and third-degree child abuse in the presence of another child.

Arraignments now pending in this case.

Related Article: Flint Woman Arrested for Child Abuse

Share This Information With Others

26 Comments on "3 Charged with Beating 11 yr Old Flint Boy"

1. Fry them its so wrong to beat kids

2. Paula Rena Economus | April 8, 2014 at 6:45 pm |

He made a stupid mistake as all children do and took a beating and was humiliated for it, I wonder how they feel about their stupid mistake .. I just want to grab him up and run away. 🙁

3. Jodi Matsko | April 8, 2014 at 8:55 pm |

pigs

4. This is just insane that was in no way shape or form abuse. I got whipped just like that when I was a child and I had done something wrong. I actually know the child and he is a great and wonderful kid however that discipline was quite necessary to make sure he understands the seriousness of lying, gangs, and street activity. Kudos to the parent and godparents for nipping a problem in the butt ahead of time!!! There needs to be more discipline just as this to stop all of the youth gang activity going on in the world today. When I was younger teachers and parents still practiced this form of disciplinary action and it was not considered abuse and back then there was not as much crime because of it.

5. What a bunch of retards, and the tramp In that pic looks like a hairless teen wolf

6. Brian L. Thompson | April 8, 2014 at 10:43 pm |

Looks like a whole lot of people are not agreeing with your way of thinking. You can go to multiple places where information like this article are posted and the majority are outraged, as am I because I have a copy of that video, at what took place. How about parents learn to be parents? How about teaching the boy right from wrong by example? When I was a kid and I was wrong, yes I got spanked. But 60 times with a belt? Not even close.

7. Brian L. Thompson | April 8, 2014 at 10:43 pm |

8. Belinda Bee Sauer-Jones | April 9, 2014 at 3:09 am |

I have nothing against whooping a child or spanking them…. but 60 hits with a belt—that IS ABUSE!!!

9. Belinda Bee Sauer-Jones | April 9, 2014 at 3:09 am |

10. Jennifer Rising Elbel | April 9, 2014 at 2:38 pm |

Sandra, the problem is the taunting and humiliation done to this boy. I'm not a against a whipping but honestly how can he learn from that episode! Especially, the "boyfriend" heckling the whole time. It was ugly!

11. Jennifer Rising Elbel | April 9, 2014 at 2:38 pm |

12. R u seious??? The boy.was whooped over 60 times. He was bullied by 3 grown adults. Why did all 3 of them have to gang up on him? To get their point across? I hope they stay in prison.for a long time. That was just sicken.

13. R u seious??? The boy.was whooped over 60 times. He was bullied by 3 grown adults. Why did all 3 of them have to gang up on him? To get their point across? I hope they stay in prison.for a long time. That was just sicken.

14. sandra the other problem I have with your post is that it sates you work in Child care. if you dont think that what happened to that boy is abuse then your a fool I certainly would not allow you to watch my child and I think anyone who does have you watching their child needs to think twice about it,

15. sandra the other problem I have with your post is that it sates you work in Child care. if you dont think that what happened to that boy is abuse then your a fool I certainly would not allow you to watch my child and I think anyone who does have you watching their child needs to think twice about it,

16. Omg i didnt realize u were in child care. Wow. Im soooo glad u dont have an influence over my children. That is abuse. That is bullying. I was spankedw a belt but never to that extreme. I hope u dont have kids because this could b u.

17. Omg i didnt realize u were in child care. Wow. Im soooo glad u dont have an influence over my children. That is abuse. That is bullying. I was spankedw a belt but never to that extreme. I hope u dont have kids because this could b u.

18. How about we do that to you??

19. How about we do that to you??

20. NEVER HIT A PERSON THAT ISN'T BIG ENOUGH TO HIT YOU BACK!!!! UNDERSTAND????

21. NEVER HIT A PERSON THAT ISN'T BIG ENOUGH TO HIT YOU BACK!!!! UNDERSTAND????

22. Are y'all serious? For the ones who are saying he deserved it for lying and saying he was in a gang! Have y'all seen the mom or seen her FB?? Drug addict like shit!! Wonder why he acts the way he does, she has pics of guns money and drugs not to mention "Lean" which is expensive stupid bitch!! Thought she was cute for posting that

23. Are y'all serious? For the ones who are saying he deserved it for lying and saying he was in a gang! Have y'all seen the mom or seen her FB?? Drug addict like shit!! Wonder why he acts the way he does, she has pics of guns money and drugs not to mention "Lean" which is expensive stupid bitch!! Thought she was cute for posting that

24. This wasn't discipline, this was abuse. There Not teaching him anything. There breaking him. I just pray someone can build this baby back up before it's to late. All acting so ignorant, cursing, and mocking him on top of the beating. There was no love or trying to teach him right from wrong. Someone else needs to raise the kids because they don't know how! They deserve all they get!!

25. This wasn't discipline, this was abuse. There Not teaching him anything. There breaking him. I just pray someone can build this baby back up before it's to late. All acting so ignorant, cursing, and mocking him on top of the beating. There was no love or trying to teach him right from wrong. Someone else needs to raise the kids because they don't know how! They deserve all they get!!

Comments are closed.