The newly built McDonald’s restaurant located at 2889 W. Grand Blvd and the 7-11 located at 2660 E. Jefferson.
The Project Lighthouse is an initiative designed to enhance the safety and security of Detroit neighborhoods for citizens and visitors through a cooperative and coordinated private and public partnership of security and Law Enforcement entities serving the area.
Any business participating in Project Lighthouse displays a sticker in a window and a bright, green light outside.
It provides shelter, telephone use, bathroom use, safety information and police assistance via community police officers. The help is available round-the-clock. Sites were chosen for reasons such as being clean, having security cameras and being willing to cooperate with police.
Other locations participating in the Project Lighthouse program are:
- BP Gas Station – located at 17776 Grand River Avenue
- BP Gas Station – located at 10601 E. Outer Drive
- BP Gas Station – located 10736 E. Jefferson Avenue
- Marathon Gas Station – located at 8930 W. McNichols
- Marathon Gas Station – located at 14700 E. Jefferson Avenue
- Mobil Gas Station – located at 14820 E. Jefferson Avenue
- City of Detroit Airport Security Department – located at 11499 Conner Street
To see additional locations in the program, you can visit the website. You can also call (313) 471-6490.
The same project has proven successful in Detroit’s central business district. It’s supported by Rock Ventures, Ilitch Holdings and members of the Arab American Business Owners Association.