DETROIT, MI – The Detroit Police Department is pleased to announce the addition of two prominent businesses to the Project Lighthouse Program.
The newly built McDonald’s restaurant located at 2889 W. Grand Blvd and the 7-11 located at 2660 E. Jefferson.
The Project Lighthouse is an initiative designed to enhance the safety and security of Detroit neighborhoods for citizens and visitors through a cooperative and coordinated private and public partnership of security and Law Enforcement entities serving the area.
Any business participating in Project Lighthouse displays a sticker in a window and a bright, green light outside.
It provides shelter, telephone use, bathroom use, safety information and police assistance via community police officers. The help is available round-the-clock. Sites were chosen for reasons such as being clean, having security cameras and being willing to cooperate with police.
Other locations participating in the Project Lighthouse program are:
- BP Gas Station – located at 17776 Grand River Avenue
- BP Gas Station – located at 10601 E. Outer Drive
- BP Gas Station – located 10736 E. Jefferson Avenue
- Marathon Gas Station – located at 8930 W. McNichols
- Marathon Gas Station – located at 14700 E. Jefferson Avenue
- Mobil Gas Station – located at 14820 E. Jefferson Avenue
- City of Detroit Airport Security Department – located at 11499 Conner Street
To see additional locations in the program, you can visit the website. You can also call (313) 471-6490.
The same project has proven successful in Detroit’s central business district. It’s supported by Rock Ventures, Ilitch Holdings and members of the Arab American Business Owners Association.