SOUTHFIELD, MI – Andrea Isom submitted her immediate resignation from WJBK, Fox 2 News Detroit, effective January 7th, 2015.
Tongues are wagging across metro Detroit with word that Andrea Isom is the latest to leave Fox 2 Detroit.
Every Detroiter has to be wondering and asking what is going on over at WJBK? Fox 2 has lost some of the best talent in their arsenal of reporters.
Like her or not, Andrea Isom had a very distinctive way of delivering a story ‘On the Edge’. Her delivery was always extremely interesting. She makes you pay attention to what she wants the viewer to know.
Deadline Detroit quotes a memo from Kevin Roseborough, Fox 2 News Director, to the staff, said he wished her “the very best.” He said she had “resigned effective immediately to pursue opportunities outside local news business.”
Andrea posted to her Facebook page the following:
This is not easy…but I have decided to say farewell to Fox 2 News. The Fox 2 Family will always hold a special place in my heart and I truly mean that. Thank you for ALWAYS allowing me to be me! It has been a tremendous honor and an overwhelming blessing to be a reporter in Detroit. I never took that responsibility lightly. I have so much respect for the people of this great city. You show compassion, strength and incredible resilience at every turn. It has been my absolute privilege to tell your stories. I have been touched, inspired and encouraged by so many Metro Detroiters…you truly are one of a kind. My journey here has been remarkable…and that is because of you Detroit! Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting me be a part of your lives. Now, it is time for me to tackle whatever lies ahead. I know I can face anything with the spirit of DETROIT in my blood!
I love you all…Tonight and every night…. ON THE EDGE!
The following is a list of personalities that have bolted for the door besides Andrea. The list is in no particular order:
- Alan Lee announced at the end of the morning news on July 8th, 2014, that he would be leaving the Fox 2 family to pursue his dream of becoming a full-time author.
- Ben Bailey took over for Chuck Gaidica on Channel 4 as Chief Meteorologist.
- Kam Carman left abruptly in October of 2014. Her departure was very odd. It is still unclear if she left on her own or was let go. She had been with WJBK for 24 years. She can be heard over at 100.3 WNIC with Jay Towers Morning show.
- Robin Schwartz exited Fox 2 on October 12th, 2014 to take a position with Bedrock Real Estate Services.
- Brad Edwards left state and went to another network
- Ronnie Dahl left and made the jump to WXYZ
- Alexis Wiley left Fox 2 in January of 2104 to go to work in Mayor Mike Duggan’s administration.
- Simon Shaykhet left Fox 2 for a position as the FBI spokesman in Detroit. He held that position for about a year and a half. He then left the FBI and went back to reporting with WXYZ.
- Jackie Paige had went from being in front of the cameras to working behind the scenes in the studios. She is now WWJ Newsradio 950?s mid-day anchor on weekdays.
- Lila Lazarus had been with WJBK and then she was gone. Reports are that Lila’s contract was not renewed by WJBK
- Fanchon Stinger was an anchor at Fox 2 until she became associated with the Detroit City Council scandal involving a multimillion dollar waste contract. Fox 2 suspended her.
- Charles Pugh was an anchor at Fox 2. He resigned and was elected to the Detroit City Council. He became the President of the Detroit City Council based on the amount of votes that he received in the general election. His life imploded when he became linked to a sex scandal involving a minor.
- Justin Ryan left Fox 2 and went to New York. It seems he also has multiple personalities. In Detroit he was known as Justin Ryan. He now has a new Jewish name of Justin Goldstein.
- No list like this would be complete if the beloved Al Allen was not included. Al Allen retired in December of 2012. Al is one of those in the history of news reporting in Detroit who is legendary. Just mention his name to those who watched him on air for the many years that he was at WJKB and you will immediately see a smile. Very few people can say that they do not miss seeing him on air.
Every business has turnover but the mass exodus from Fox 2 in recent months of their reporting talent has and is more than noticeable.
As for the viewers, there are those who wonder aloud and in quiet speculation about those who they came to depend on to deliver a daily dose of news. Where did they go? Why did they really leave? Where will they show up next? And who is next to eye up the exit sign at Fox 2 studios in Southfield?
Stay tuned. We too are wondering the same exact things as you are.
MIHeadlines wishes Andrea Isom the best in her new endeavor – whatever that might be.