YONKERS, NY – Zenobia Company LLC. of Yonkers, NY is recalling MY Spice Sage Cumin Ground in its 1 oz, 4 oz, 4.9 oz, 16 oz and 50 pound packages, because they may contain undeclared peanut protein.
People who have allergies to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Product was distributed nationwide through online mail orders only. The recall only applies to below skus sold between 7/1/14 – 1/8/15.
The product is sold in resealable plastic bags with the following markings except for the 50 lb bag which is not resealable and lacks UPC coding. The 4.9 oz size is in a plastic bottle:
- My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 1 oz (28g) – UPC 00105001
- My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 4 oz (113g) – UPC 00105004
- MY Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 4.9 oz (139g) – UPC 00105000
- MY Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 16 oz (454g) – UPC 00105016
- My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 50 lb
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after our supplier notified us that the Cumin Ground containing peanut protein was shipped to us by them unknowingly. Consumers with questions may contact us by calling 1-877-890-5244, Monday–Friday 9 am-5 pm EST.