PRESQUE ISLE COUNTY, MI – Damien Michael Smith, 21-years-old, from Alpena, was found guilty of the June 4th, 2014 drive-by shooting that occurred in Rogers City.
Smith was convicted on 13 felony counts which include:
- Assault With Intent to Murder
- Carrying a Dangerous Weapon With Unlawful Intent
- Discharging a Firearm From a Vehicle
- Discharging a Firearm at a Building
- Possessing a Loaded Firearm in a Vehicle
- Numerous counts of Felony Firearm
In July of 2012 Smith was convicted and given a year in jail for the Attempted Breaking and Entering of the Alpena Sportmen’s Club.
Damien Smith could spend the rest of his life in prison based on his conviction of Assault With Intent to Murder. His sentencing is scheduled for September 14th, 2015.