ALPENA, MI – Miss Michigan, Emily Kieliszewski, formerly from Alpena, was in Atlantic City, N.J. last evening to compete in the 95th Miss America Pageant.
While Emily was in Atlantic City, residents from the Alpena area gathered at the APlex waiting to see her on stage and to cheer her on to victory. Unfortunately, those hopes and plans were dashed.
Kieliszewski did not make it into one of the top 15 positions that is required to move on in the pageant.
The top ten who did move on are as follows:
- Miss Florida, Marykatherine Fechtel
- Miss Texas, Shannon Sanderford
- Miss Tennessee, Hannah Robison
- Miss Louisiana, April Nelson
- Miss Alabama, Meg McGuffin
- Miss Colorado, Kelley Johnson
- Miss Oklahoma, Georgia Frazier
- Miss South Carolina, Daja Dial
- Miss Mississippi, Hannah Roberts
- Miss Georgia, Betty Cantrell
Miss Georgia, Betty Cantrell, took the crown this year.
Emily earned a position in the national pageant by winning the state competition in Muskegon on June 21st, 2015.
Those who organized the gathering at the APlex thanked the many sponsors and co-sponsors for their help in putting together the community event. The organizers only had one week to pull everything together.