DETROIT, MI – On Friday, March 18th, 2016, at 10:45 p.m., in the area of Nashville and Strasburg, a 25-year-old male victim was shot and killed as a result of an argument with an armed suspect.
Through hard work and diligent investigation, the wanted suspect was identified and located at an apartment complex in the 11000 block of McNichols. The suspect entered a blue 2009 Ford Escape and subsequently arrested during a traffic stop. A 21-year-old female was in the vehicle and also arrested in connection to this case.
The suspect has been identified as Jonathan Tillman, 26 years old. He has been arraigned and charged as follows:
- Open Murder
- Parole Violation – Absconder Macomb/Mt. Clemens/Par/REP
- Fugitive Felony Warrant out of Warren
Tillman has previous convictions based on information from the Michigan Department of Corrections for:
- Asslt w/Int Gr Bod Hrm Less Murder
- Weapons – Felony Firearms
- Controlled Substance-Delivery/Manf., Nar/Coc <50 Grams
If convicted, he faces life without parole behind bars.