Thomas J. Guthrie, 48-years-old, of Alpena, faced Judge Thomas J. LaCross in 88th District Court for his arraignment. Guthrie was formally charged with:
- Two Counts of Criminal Sexual Conduct – Person under the age of 13-years-old
- Criminal Sexual Conduct – With intent to commit penetration
- Criminal Sexual Conduct – First degree unlawful imprisonment
- Criminal Sexual Conduct – First degree-personal injury
- Habitual Offender
Thomas Guthrie was previously convicted when he was 25-years-old in Alpena in 26th Circuit Court on Monday June 21st, 1993 of:
- Criminal Sexual Conduct – Third Degree (Multiple Variables)
- Criminal Sexual Conduct – Third Degree (Force or Coercion)
He was current with his sex offender registration at the time that he was arrested. Guthrie is required to register for the rest of his life for his previous convictions.
If convicted, Guthrie will be locked up for a minimum of 25 years.
Online records shows that Guthrie’s next court appearance is on August 4th at 2:30 p.m. for a Preliminary Exam. He also has another hearing scheduled on August 11th at 2:30 p.m.
Thomas Guthrie remains lodged in the Alpena County Jail.