Redford Township Fire Department Rescues Dog from Burning Home

Share This Information With Others
  • 18
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    19
    Shares

REDFORD TOWNSHIP, MI – On Friday November 24th, 2017, the Redford Township Fire Department responded to a house fire where the occupants were not at home but their beloved dog was.

RTFD was able to extinguish the fire that caused significant damage to the front portion of the house and were able rescue a scared dog hiding inside.

The dog’s name is Kimber. She was taken to a vet for possible smoke inhalation. She is said to be doing well but does cough a little bit. She does have damage to her lungs. Her owner has been asked to keep Kimber near a humidifier and not to allow her to exert herself. Now Patrick Norris must wait to see if Kimbers lungs can recover.

Patrick Norris who lived in the rental home with Kimber the dog, has started a Go Fund Me account asking for assistance to help him get back up on his feet. He states on the account page that an IKEA floor lamp was the cause of the fire.

Patrick Norris’ landlord was able to provide him with a new house to move into just blocks away from the one that burned.

If you would like to contribute to the Fund, Please Click Here.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.