PONTIAC, MI – At 11:27 AM today Oakland County Sheriff School Resource Officer, Deputy McNeary radioed for assistance for a large fight in progress at the Pontiac High School.
· Numerous OCSO patrol units, detectives, traffic units, and OCSO Air 1 responded to assist.
· Approximately 100 students were observed congregating in the hall corridors near the rear of the building.
· Several students were observed fighting and were taken into custody. Deputies subsequently restored order and began sorting out the events that led to our response.
· The school was placed on lockdown by school administrators.
· A total of five (5) students were detained; two (2) adults and three (3) juveniles.
· The two adults were subsequently lodged at the Oakland County Main Jail on charges of Assault & Battery, and one juvenile was lodged at Oakland County Children’s Village on a charge of Disorderly Conduct.
· According to school security, the fighting stemmed from a long-running dispute between two groups of students.
· OCSO Captain Ewing and School Superintendent Kelly Williams took part in a post event school assembly by addressing the students about conducting themselves in a manner that reflects highly upon them and the community.
· Adult Arrests:
o Male: 17yr old, Pontiac resident
o Male: 18yr old, Pontiac resident
· Juvenile Arrest:
o Male: 16yr old, Pontiac resident
A 15 year old male and a 14 year old male were released to their parents pending juvenile petitions.