SOUTH LYON, MI – A 54-year-old technician was receiving training while working adjacent to a large chemical tank of Sulfuric Acid. The technician fell into the tank. He was removed from the tank with the assistance of a co-worker and transported for treatment. He later died as a result of his injuries.
The incident took place on Saturday, February 9th, 2019, at Michigan Seamless Tube. The victim was transported to the University of Michigan for treatment of burns to his body after he fell into a tank of 160 degree sulfuric acid that the company uses in its processing.
He is the 3rd person this year to die from a work related accident.