FLINT, MI – Beginning March 18th, 2019, northbound I-475 will be reduced to one lane from Carpenter Road to Clio Road for reconstruction.
Lane closures will also be in place on Saginaw Street and Detroit Street under I-475.
Southbound I-475 will be closed and detoured from the north junction of the I-475 interchange to I-69. Motorists should follow the posted detour using southbound I-75 to eastbound I-69.
Motorists can also expect intermittent single-lane closures in both direction of I-475 from I-69 to the south I-75/I-475 junction for sign upgrades.
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will invest $44 million in substantial repairs to nearly 18 miles of I-475 in Genesee County. The following work is expected through the 2019 construction season
- Rebuilding 3 miles of I-475 from Carpenter Road north to just east of Clio Road.
- Northbound I-475 will include a 50-year pavement design, using hot-mix asphalt.
- I-475 will undergo a capital preventive maintenance cape seal from Clio Road to I-75.
- Interchange improvements and redesign at Saginaw Street, including the removal of two loop ramps.
- A freeway road diet, reducing I-475 from three lanes to two lanes from Saginaw Street to Carpenter Road.
- Lighting improvements from Carpenter Road to Saginaw Street.
- Sign improvements along the entire length of I-475.
- Removal of the pedestrian bridges on each side of the Saginaw Street interchange.
- Bridge and ramp work at Saginaw Street and Detroit Street.
Project map: http://bit.ly/2nMNo1m