Grease Fire Claims Life in Macomb County

HARRISON TOWNSHIP, MI – On Sunday May 26th, 2019, at approximately 8:40pm, Macomb County Sheriff’s deputies and the Harrison Township Fire Department were dispatched to a structure fire at the Beachwood Townhomes located at Metro Parkway and L’Anse Creuse Street. House Fire

Upon arrival, heavy smoke and flames were observed coming from one of the apartments. Deputies were approached by a man who stated that his 69-year-old father, Christian Majewski was still in the apartment that was on fire. Majewski had to be extracted by the fire department and was transported to the hospital where he died from his injuries on Monday May 27th.

It was reported that Christian Majewski’s 41-year-old son was cooking in the town home when a grease fire started. The son was unsuccessful at extinguishing the fire and alerted his father of the fire and then exited to alert neighbors. When the son realized that his Dad  had not exited the town home he re-entered in attempt to locate him; however, the smoke and flames were too thick. The son was also transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation and was treated for non-life threatening injuries.

No other residents in the town home complex were injured.

The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to investigate this incident. It is not believed that foul play is involved at this time.

Please share, follow and like us: