ALPENA, MI – A 69-year-old Alpena man was arrested on Wednesday July 29th, 2020, on a charge of Criminal Sexual Conduct – Incapacitated Victim.
Few details are available at this time due to the suspect having not yet faced formal arrangement in front of a judge.
What is known is that William (Bill) James Allen, 69-years-old, of Alpena, is currently lodged in the Alpena County Jail on at least one alleged charge of Criminal Sexual Conduct 3rd Degree – Incapacitated Victim.
Michigan law states:
Third degree CSC charges are outlined in the Michigan Penal Code (750.520d), and a person is guilty of CSC in the third degree if sexual penetration occurs accompanying any of the following:
- The other person is between 13 and 16 years of age.
- Force or coercion (i.e. weapons, articles used to imitate weapons, physical violence, threats of violence, threats of future harm, unacceptable medical treatment or examination, surprise or concealment) is used to commit sexual penetration.
- The accused knows (or has reason to know) the victim is mentally incapable, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless.
- The other person is related to the accused by blood or affinity to the third degree.
- The other person is over 16 but under 18 years old and the accused is any of the following: a teacher, substitute teacher, or administrator of the school or district in which that person is enrolled (unless that other person is emancipated or the two are legally married at the time of the alleged crime); an employee, volunteer or service provider of the school or district (who is not a student) and uses this standing to gain access to or establish a relationship with the other person.
- The other person is between 16 and 26 years of age and is receiving special education services combined with any of the following: the accused is a teacher, substitute teacher, administrator, employee, or non-student volunteer and uses this status to gain access to or establish a relationship with the other person (does not apply if legally married at the time of the offense).
Bill Allen was booked into the Alpena County Jail at 9:48 a.m. Wednesday morning. Bond is currently set at $300,000 Cash.
No further information is available at this time. Please check back for updates.
All individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information posted on this website and its affiliated social media. Information for this article has been obtained from the Alpena County Sheriff’s Office public website.