DETROIT, MI – Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) contract crews are replacing the Milwaukee Street overpass above I-75 in Detroit, and this project will hit another milestone this weekend when crews install new bridge beams.
- – MDOT is replacing the Milwaukee Street overpass above I-75.
- – Installing bridge beams requires a weekend closure of I-75 between I-94 and M-8 (Davison Freeway) starting at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2.
- – Both directions of I-75 will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 5.
To accomplish this, both directions of I-75 will be closed between I-94 and M-8 (Davison Freeway) starting at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct, 2. Both directions of I-75 will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct.5.
During the closure, the posted detour for northbound I-75 follows westbound I-94, northbound M-10 (Lodge Freeway), and eastbound M-8 back to northbound I-75. Southbound I-75 traffic will use westbound M-8 to southbound M-10, back to southbound I-75.
The following ramps will close starting at 8 p.m. on Friday:
- – Eastbound and westbound M-8 to southbound I-75,
- – Holbrook Avenue to southbound I-75,
- – Clay Street to southbound I-75,
- – Eastbound and westbound I-94 to northbound I-75, and
- – Warren Avenue to northbound I-75.
All ramps will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 5.