STERLING HEIGHTS, MI – The city of Sterling Heights has announced the following building closures for the remainder of 2020:
- City offices will remain open through Dec. 23, 2020 for resident services Monday through Wednesday, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2p.m. to 5 p.m. City offices including City Hall, DPW, Recycling Center, Library and Nature Center will then close for the holidays beginning Dec. 24 through Jan. 3, 2021. In order to stop the spread of COVID-19, residents are urged to handle any City business they can from their home to avoid putting themselves or others at risk. A comprehensive list of City services available from home, including bill payment, license and permitting, can be found at sterling-heights.net/athomeservices. All payments received in the drop boxes by Dec. 31 will be processed in December.
- The Nature Center will be open on Jan. 2 only for registered visits.
- The Community Center and Senior Center will remain closed Dec. 21, 2020 through Jan. 3, 2021.
- Refuse collection will be delayed one day on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Usual Friday collection on Dec. 25 will be picked up on Saturday, Dec. 26, 2020. Usual Friday collection on Jan. 1, 2021 will be picked up on Saturday, Jan. 2, 2021.
- First responders remain available for all emergencies. Residents experiencing an emergency should call 9-1-1. All other non-emergency matters can be handled by calling the Sterling Heights Police Department non-emergency line at 586-446-2800. Sterling Heights Police Department Front Desk will remain open for resident reports with a limited capacity.