Sat. May 15th, 2021
Share This Article
  • 16
  •  
  • 1
  • 4
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

DETROIT, MI – Two Pontiac women are in the hospital recovering after Oakland County Sheriff’s Deputies rescued them from their gas filled home.

On March 16th, 2021, at approximately 11:28 p.m., Deputies were dispatched to the 700 block of Whittemore Street for a welfare check.  The complainant, a friend, reported that she had been unable to contact her friend by phone. She stated that her 65-year-old friend lives with a 36-year-old communicative handicapped adult daughter.

Upon arrival, deputies received no answer when they knocked on the door. As he looked into the window, the deputy could see a woman lying on the floor. Deputies forced entry into the residence and a strong odor of natural gas was detected. Deputies discovered that a burner on the stove had been turned on but had not been ignited. Star EMS and the Waterford Regional Fire Department arrived on the scene. It was confirmed that high levels of gas were present in the residence.

Vomit containing undigested pills was found in multiple locations at the residence. It did not appear that the stove was being used to cook food as none was located on it or near it. 

Paramedics transported the mother to McLaren Oakland Hospital where she is listed in critical condition. Paramedics transported her daughter to  St. Joseph’s Mercy Hospital where she is listed in stable condition. The incident remains under investigation.

Join our Group on Facebook – MI Crimes and Headlines or visit our page on Facebook. You can also find us on Instagram.


Share This Article
  • 16
  •  
  • 1
  • 4
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Facebook Comments