NEWYAGO COUNTY, MI – Troopers from the Michigan State Police Hart Post have been investigating a shooting that occurred on March 29th 2021, in the 3600 block of Fox Drive, in Grant Township.
Levi Daniel Hubler, 26-years-old, from Hixson, Tennessee, formerly from Belmont, MI, has been extradited from Tennessee and has been arraigned in the 78th District Court in Newaygo County on the following charges:
- Assault with Intent to Murder (2 counts),
- Felony Firearm (3 counts),
- Firearm – Discharge in or at a Building Causing Serious Impairment,
- Felon in Possession of a Firearm, and
- Felon in Possession of Ammunition.
Belmont, MI and Newyago County are just north of Grand Rapids.
Hubler remains lodged in the Newaygo County Jail pending his preliminary examination. The victim remains in the hospital in stable condition. The investigation continues and updates will be provided as they become available.
For investigative updates, follow your West Michigan MSP on Twitter @MSPWestMI.