DETROIT, MI – Henri Brown, 40-years-old, of Southfield, was arraigned in the hospital today, Tuesday July 27th, 2021, for the alcohol fueled car crash involving a Michigan State Police patrol vehicle on the Lodge Freeway that resulted in the death of MSP Canine Rex.
Brown was charged by the Wayne County Prosecutors Office on a eight count felony warrant including Habitual Offender 4th.
- Two Counts OWI causing serious injury (5 Year)
- Two Counts Driving on Revoked License causing serious injury (5 year)
- One Count Police Officer- Assaulting/Resisting causing injury (4 Year)
- Operating with a high BAC (.17) Third Offense (5 year Max)
- Operating While Intoxicated Third Offense (5 year Max)
- Open Container Alcohol (90 Day) Fourth Offense Notice for 3 or more felony convictions.
His blood test returned at .17 BAC. He was given a $50,000 bond (10%) with GPS and alcohol tether. Henri Brown has five prior OWI convictions. He remains in the hospital recovering from his injuries.
The second passenger has serious non life threatening injuries.
The trooper involved was released from the hospital with non life threatening injuries.
Based on records from the Michigan Department of Corrections, Henri Brown has a lengthy criminal past. He has previous convictions for:
- Operating Intoxicated/Impaired/Controlled Substance – 3rd
- Controlled Substance-Delivery/Manufacture Marijuana
- Asslt w/Int Gr Bod Hrm Less Murder
- Robbery Unarmed
- Identity Theft
- Financial Transaction Device – Illegal Sale/Use
- 4 Counts of Financial Transaction Device – Possession of Fraudulent One